Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O`min Cues prices and grades

Hi all,
    From Singapore, and i`m just wondering if anyone is willing to assist me in the different models of grade of wood used by o`min.

From my understanding they carry models 'perfect' , 'climax' and 'champion'. Just not sure about their price range , reliability and grades of wood on the different models.

Could anyone help?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Whirlbreeze
    Hi all,
    From Singapore, and i`m just wondering if anyone is willing to assist me in the different models of grade of wood used by o`min.

From my understanding they carry models 'perfect' , 'climax' and 'champion'. Just not sure about their price range , reliability and grades of wood on the different models.

Could anyone help?

Thanks!
    hi, i'm also from spore, may i knw wer u saw those omin cues? i think almost our local cue shop they dun take omin anymore, i guess now our local cue shop taking mastercues or norton cues, maybe this can help u http://poolfanatic.com/forums/showth...ight=omin+cues

Comment

Hi all,

Could anyone help?

Thanks!
      For o'min cues models:

champion - machine spliced ebony butt.
      classic - hand spliced ebony butt
      prefect - hand spliced ebony butt, mostly with 1 splice with veneer.
      climax - hand spliced ebony butt, mostly with 4 splices tipped with veneers
      imagine - hand spliced ebony butt, mostly with 4 splices tipped with veneers (they are using more exotic wood like burrs etc)
      union - top of e range hand spliced ebony butt, most designs with 12 splices (with very exotic woods like black palm, coconut etc), style like henry's old powerglide cue.

I would suggest u try out whatever o'min models u can find. because from what i have seen from the past few years, their quality differs from 1 another. some times u get very good shaft, some times u get a very wippy shaft.

if you can afford it, go for imagine or union model. The shaft is top grade, straight grain ash with very evenly spaced chevrons. playability is good also.

price wise, o'min cues now are much more expensive than master cue.

Comment

Thanks for the info Wink!

I don`t see much o`min cues around too searching..., the place I saw them at is at middle road , lee kai house 4th floor. but they only sell perfect o`min`s.

Is there any place to recommend where I can have a good range of cues and testing is allowed?

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Thanks for the info Wink!

I don`t see much o`min cues around too searching..., the place I saw them at is at middle road , lee kai house 4th floor. but they only sell perfect o`min`s.

Is there any place to recommend where I can have a good range of cues and testing is allowed?

Thanks again guys.
          Well, to be fair, now in Singapore very hard to find o'min cues, not to mention being able to test them.

o'min quality has also dropped over the years. I have owned 2 o'min cues before, 1 of which is a custom 1pc made by o'min owner himself. Both cues i have already sold off.

well to each his own, maybe you will find a o'min that will suits your play.

btw, how much is e o'min prefect which you saw selling for? u can pm me the price if you do not want to disclose it here.

Comment

Doesn`t exactly has to be o`min brand actually, just looking for a nice place where i can test a cue before making the purchase.

Any to recommend?

Comment

actually i wana try omin cue but local cue shop dun take omin anymore, dun knw y?

Comment

oh ok.. at middle rd there 4th floor, tommy ang use to play there, he is my oh siang

Comment

may be u can try out mastercue, the quality not bad, classic model.

Comment

It`s true. Very few O`min cues around. If I`ve not mistaken, Tommy has a share in that shop.

Comment

If you PM your email I can send you details of current O min Range Available

Comment

Working...
                      X